In this episode we continue our Advent series by talking about our identity as the beloved sons and daughters of God. In our deepest longing to be loved and known, God the Father calls us His beloved and invites into intimacy with Him. One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam's One Thing - The dentist!
- Michelle's One Thing - The Saint Project AND When Beauty Met Truth
- Heather's One Thing - The Eggnog Latte…you gotta try it (but skip the nutmeg on top)
- God goes to great lengths to experience relationship with us, what do you think you can do in this season of Advent to be open to Him in a greater way?
- What voices in the world make it difficult for you to hear God’s voice?
- How did you feel when Sr. Miriam said, “Jesus Christ is not indifferent to you, He’s not just tolerating you, His heart aches for you. You are Beloved to Him”?
- What is in me that is blocking God’s love for me and believing that I’m Beloved?
- What do I believe about who God is? Do I believe He is more like a police officer, task master, or genie? Do I know deep down He desires a deep relationship with me?
Quote to Ponder: “I kept running around in large or small circles always looking for someone or something to be able to convince me of my Belovedness. Self-rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life because it contradicts the sacred voice that call us the “Beloved”. Being the Beloved expresses the core truth of our existence.” - Henri Nouwen