In our third part of our Advent series we discuss how to find stillness in the busy chaos of life. God speaks in the stillness and its there that we meet him and find the answers to our restless souls.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam's One Thing - "Song of Solomon" - by Jesus Culture with Martin Smith
- Heather's One Thing - Family Daily Advent Reflections - Unwrapping the Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp
- Michelle's One Thing - Love is Christmas - Sara Bareilles I don't care if the house is packed, Or the strings of light are broken. I don't care if the gifts are wrapped, Or if there's nothing here to open.
Love is not a toy, and no paper will conceal it. Love is simply joy that I'm home. I don't care if the carpet is stained; we have food upon the table. I don't care if it's gonna rain, our room is warm and stable. Love is who we are, and no season can contain it. Love would never fall for that. Let love lead us, love is Christmas. Why so scared that you'll mess it up? Imperfection keeps you haunted. All you need is your best my love, that's all anyone ever wanted. Love is how we do, let no judgment over- rule it. Love I look to you, and I sing. Let love lead us, love is Christmas. Let love lead us, love is Christmas. Discussion Questions:
- God wants to give us good things, but often we don’t have room. Where can you make room this week for God?
- When are you going to take time to “pause” this week and hear the whisper of His voice?
- What is my spiritual and emotional diet looking like right now?
- What in your life do you need to loosen your grip on so that you can trust God more deeply?
- Have you stilled my heart to hear God’s opinion and wisdom about the things you’re concerned and worried about? Quote to Ponder:
"If you can’t be still and wait, you can’t become what God created you to be.” - Sue Monk Kidd