In this episode we discuss the first chapter of our book study “Life of the Beloved” called Being the Beloved. We talk about what it means to be Beloved and the voices that come against that truth.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam's One Thing - “Agape” by Bear’s Den
- Michelle's One Thing - “The home is not the one tame place in a world of adventure; it is the one wild place in a world of rules and set tasks.” by G.K. Chesterton
- Heather's One Thing - “I Surrender” - by Hillsong
- What are the voices that try to keep you from living your life as the beloved?
- How can we live out being the beloved concretely in our day to day life?
- Nouwen says, you can’t give the gift of being beloved if you haven’t received it. How can we receive this truth more deeply.
- What is your interior response to hearing that you are the beloved?
- What are your thoughts about Henri Nouwen’s assertion that being the beloved expresses the core truth of our existence.
Quote to Ponder:
“Being the beloved expresses the core truth of our existence” - Henri Nouwen