This week we continue our book study “Life of the Beloved” chapter 4, “Blessed”. We talk about how the deepest affirmation of our being comes from God who desires to bless us. Many of us have experience so many words of destruction and negativity that need to be restored by true blessing from God and one another. Hope you enjoy this weeks podcast!
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam's One Thing - The gift of the priesthood giving their lives in the service of their bride
- Michelle's One Thing - "Better is one day' by Trey McLaughlin
- Heather's One Thing - My sweet mom. Nothing like the love of a good mother when you're sick.
- What stands out to you as you read the quote “To give someone a blessing is the most significant affirmation we can offer.”
- Have you ever received a blessing from someone that really resonated with you? What was it like to receive it?
- How do I experience prayer as coming into God’s blessing?
- Where can I start blessing people in my life today?
- Have I ever had someone speak words to me or over me that were not blessings? Have I ever felt cursed or stuck because of what someone said to me or about me?
- How can I concretely be more attentive to the blessings that come to me day after day and year after year?
Quote to Ponder:
"To give someone a blessing is the most significant affirmation we can offer" - Henri Nouwen