This week we continue our book study of “Life of the Beloved” chapter 5, “Broken”. We talk about how our brokenness is unique to our story and that God wants to bring healing and restoration to us. We discuss the ways that we can often numb out to the pain and how God is inviting us to live a more full and abundant life by living our identity as beloved. One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam's One Thing - “I’ll Keep You Safe” - Sleeping At Last
- Michelle's One Thing - Mary Williams “Behold”
- Michelle's Other Thing - Quote by Brennan Manning "When I am aware of my belovedness, I am more compassionate and playful, I take myself less seriously, I become aware that the breath of the Father is on my face and that my countenance is bright with laughter in the midst of an adventure I thoroughly enjoy.”
- Heather's One Thing - “Closer Than You Know” - Hillsong United
Heather's Other Thing - “Here Now” - Hillsong United Discussion Questions:
- What stands out to you as you read the quote “The first step to healing is not a step away from the pain, but a step toward it.”
- Have you ever considered your brokenness as being unique and not something to compare to other peoples?
- Where do you tend to bring your brokenness and numb out instead of bringing it to God? How can you make a change this week in this area?
- What area does God want to bring deeper healing into my life?
- How can I “befriend” my brokenness and bring it under “the blessing”?
- How can I practically pursue more healing in my life today?
Quote to Ponder:
“The first step to healing is not a step away from the pain, but a step toward it” - Henri Nouwen