In today’s episode of the Abiding Together Podcast, we talk about the Lordship of Jesus and what it means to truly submit our lives to Him. It’s often easy to fall into the trap of doing good religious works, without truly giving our whole life to the Lord. We chat about the truth of how it’s in losing your life that we find it, what submission practically looks like, and how to encourage one another to look at the areas that are incongruent in our lives.
One Thing We Love This Week:
Sr. Miriam's One Thing - Taking time to reflect on the graces of the last year and writing them down to grow in gratitude
Michelle's One Thing - Stephan Colbert - Liturgical Dance "The King of Glory" https://youtu.be/oASYa-Wkroc
Heather's One Thing - The worship song “Sails” by Pat Barrett https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7mNAsx7Vw
- What areas is God calling you to submit under His Lordship?
- What does it look like to live life like a daughter of the King and what does it look like to live life as an orphan?
- What is a false impression you have of God? How can you reencounter Jesus for who He really is?
- Do you believe and trust in God’s abundance?
- What areas do I hold onto to my own life and refuse to give it to God?
- Look honestly into your heart and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you an area that you don’t trust God.
- When are you going to make time to encounter and abide in Jesus each day this week?
Quote to Ponder:
“We pray that the whole creation, set free from slavery, may render your majesty service and ceaselessly sing your praise” - Collect from the Solemnity of Christ the King
Scripture of the Week - Philippians 2:9-11
“Therefore God also highly exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”